Current information regarding corona
Ban on prostitution
- On 17th March 2020, the Ministry of Baden-Württemberg issued a regulation which continues to be be in force.
- According to § 4 paragraph 1 of the Corona Regulation, it s currently prohibited to run prostitution facilities, brothels or similar establishments.
- The ban includes all forms, places and areas of prostitution.
- This ban applies until further notice.
- Phone sex and webcam sex are not prohibited.
- Here you can find the original version of the Corona Regulation.
Justification for the measures
- These measures are called „protective measures against the spread of the SARS-Cov-2 virus“ and aim at reducing the frequency of interpersonal contact. If fewer people are physically close, the risk of infection can be reduced.
- The legal basis for these measures is § 28 paragraph 1, clause 1 and 2 of the Protection against Infection Act .
Infringement of the measures: administrative offence
- You are in breach of the measure if you
A) run a prostitution facility as its operator.
B) work as a sex worker
- A violation of these measures is an administrative offence under paragraph 9 section 6 of the Corona Regulation.
- The fine is between 500€ (for practicing prostitution) and 5000€ (for running a brothel) and, in case of repetition, up to 25.000€.
- Here you can find the original version of the fine regulation
Corona Emergency Aid
The Corona emergency aid in Baden-Württemberg ended on 31 May 2020.
A follow-up programme is currently being developed by the Ministry.
We advise you to contact one of the specialised counselling centres for sex workers.
Here you will find a list of addresses and telephone numbers of specialised counselling centres in Baden-Württemberg that can be of assistance for you.
Corona basic income
Due to the corona pandemic one can also apply for a “corona basic income“, comparable to unemployment benefit II (‘Arbeitslosengeld II’). The application process is considerably easier, faster and is straightforward.
Consult your local job centre or contact one of the specialised counselling centres for sex workers who will be able to assist you:
- with applications for emergency aid, unemployment benefit II, housing allowance (‘Wohngeld’) and other ways to secure your livelihood during the corona emergency.
- if you speak little or no German.
- if you have no tax number, no internet, no email address or any other requirement for emergency aid.
- Here you will find a list of addresses and telephone numbers of specialised counselling centres in Baden-Württemberg that will be able to help you.