Current information regarding corona
Ban on prostitution
- On 17th March 2020, the Ministry of Baden-Württemberg issued a regulation which continues to be be in force.
- According to § 4 paragraph 1 of the Corona Regulation, it s currently prohibited to run prostitution facilities, brothels or similar establishments.
- The ban includes all forms, places and areas of prostitution.
- This ban applies until further notice.
- Phone sex and webcam sex are not prohibited.
- Here you can find the original version of the Corona Regulation.
Justification for the measures
- These measures are called „protective measures against the spread of the SARS-Cov-2 virus“ and aim at reducing the frequency of interpersonal contact. If fewer people are physically close, the risk of infection can be reduced.
- The legal basis for these measures is § 28 paragraph 1, clause 1 and 2 of the Protection against Infection Act .
Infringement of the measures: administrative offence
- You are in breach of the measure if you
A) run a prostitution facility as its operator.
B) work as a sex worker
- A violation of these measures is an administrative offence under paragraph 9 section 6 of the Corona Regulation.
- The fine is between 500€ (for practicing prostitution) and 5000€ (for running a brothel) and, in case of repetition, up to 25.000€.
- Here you can find the original version of the fine regulation
Corona Emergency Aid
Who is eligible?
The Corona Emergency Aid in Baden-Württemberg is intended for the solo-self-employed (amongst others) who, due to the corona pandemic, find themselves in a situation in which their livelihood is threatened. The support consists of a one-off, non-repayable grant.
The term ‚solo-self-employed' refers to working people who are self-employed with no employees.
The emergency aid will secure your economic livelihood, i.e. it is a grant that primarily helps to cover your ongoing operational costs such as rent, loans for business premises, leasing rates and the like.
When calculating the liquidity shortage, a maximum amount of 1,180 euros per month for fictitious income can be used as costs for solo-self-employed persons.
Solo-self-employed persons can apply for the emergency aid if
- they reside in Baden-Württemberg,
- derive their main income from self-employment and
- have a tax identification number
Your difficult economic situation will not be verified for the application, however this will happen at a later point, for example in your tax declaration for 2020/21. If receiving the subsidy was unjustified, it must then be repaid, including interest. Those who were not entitled to or did not need the subsidy may also be sentenced to up to 5 years of imprisonment.
We advise you to speak with your tax advisor or to contact one of the specialised counselling centres for sex workers.
Here you will find a list of addresses and telephone numbers of specialised counselling centres in Baden-Württemberg that can be of assistance for you.
Corona basic income
Due to the corona pandemic one can also apply for a “corona basic income“, comparable to unemployment benefit II (‘Arbeitslosengeld II’). The application process is considerably easier, faster and is straightforward.
Consult your local job centre or contact one of the specialised counselling centres for sex workers who will be able to assist you:
- with applications for emergency aid, unemployment benefit II, housing allowance (‘Wohngeld’) and other ways to secure your livelihood during the corona emergency.
- if you speak little or no German.
- if you have no tax number, no internet, no email address or any other requirement for emergency aid.
- Here you will find a list of addresses and telephone numbers of specialised counselling centres in Baden-Württemberg that will be able to help you.